|Senior Rebecca Thornton named National Merit Finalist|
TCA senior Rebecca Thornton was recently named a 2014 National Merit Finalist. As a finalist, she was among the highest scorers on the PSAT in Texas and the nation and represents less than one percent of our nation's high school seniors. From the more than 160,000 who participated this year, Rebecca was one of only 1,300 to be named a finalist. Congratulations, Rebecca!
|Wrestling Prep Nationals - Three Earn Prep All-Americans Honors|
Senior Thayer Atkins, junior Garrett Clifford and sophomore Jack Mueller all earned Prep All-American honors while competing in the National Prep Wrestling Championships at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, February 20-22. Jack Mueller defended his National Championship by finishing first in the 113-pound weight class. Thayer Atkins placed fifth in the 120-pound weight class, and Garrett Clifford placed seventh in the 126-pound weight class.
The Trojan wrestling team finished eleventh overall at the tournament (there are 300 teams in the National Prep organization). In addition to the three All-Americans, Trojan wrestlers senior Ross Lopez, junior Kahler Martin and junior Andrew McBride contributed to the team's high finish.
|Trojan swimmers place fourth at state; Jeremiah Kim named State Champion in the 100 Breaststroke|
Congratulations to the TCA varsity swim team on its fourth-place finish at the TAPPS State Swim Meet in San Antonio on Saturday, February 15. Jeremiah Kim is the new State Champion in the 100 Breaststroke and also finished second in the 200 Individual Medley, setting new school records in both events. Jeremiah was also recognized at the state meet as the Top Male Swimmer of the North Region Meet and also one of the Top Three Male Swimmers at the state meet! State meet highlights included:
Competing on the State 200 and 400 Freestyle Relays for the girls were Jennifer Harbour, Marina Maale, Paige Test and Nicole Willison. Swimmers Chase Hackney, Sam Liu, Alex Rader, Payton Stone, Emily Brayton, Rachel Doshier and Alex Mills were also part of the state swim team. Congratulations to all our Trojan swimmers on a great state meet!
- The boys 200 Freestyle Relay of Tate Arhelger, Brett Fair, Jeremiah Kim and Gordon Montgomery placed second and set a new school record.
- Brett Fair placed sixth and set a new school record in the 50 Freestyle and placed sixth in the 100 Breaststroke.
- Tate Arhelger placed third in the 100 Breaststroke and eighth in the 200 Individual Medley.
- The 200 Medley Relay of Tate Arhelger, Jeremiah Kim, Gordon Montgomery and Andrew Willison finished fourth.
- The 400 Freestyle Relay Brett Fair, Gordon Montgomery, Mark Paterson and Logan Riddick finished seventh.