TCA has financial and contractual arrangements with faculty, staff, vendors, etc., which are made the spring prior to each school year. These obligations make it MANDATORY that we require families to commit financially for the entire school year in February of the preceding year. Since payments are made beginning March 1, each student’s tuition is 60 percent paid by the first day of school in August.
For Trinity to meet its contractual obligations, the refund policy is very narrow. Basically, there is no refund for ANY REASON, other than the ones narrowly drawn in this document. Since there are many reasons that a student might have to leave school:
1. Each family that commits in January, or thereafter, is responsible for the full tuition of that student.
2. The Director of Admission shall maintain and monitor both a wait pool for those wishing to enter a TCA class and a departure list for those who have committed but who cannot return to TCA.
3. The Director of Admission shall service the wait pool with the departure list. The most qualified candidate on the wait pool shall be served by the senior candidate on the departure list.
4. All families who have committed and will not be returning may contact the Director of Admission prior to the first day of a trimester to be placed on the departure list for possible replacement by a wait pool candidate.
5. The Director of Admission shall place students not returning because of academic dismissal automatically, and in sequential order, on the departure list.
6. If, by the first day of school, there has been no replacement for the departing student, the tuition is due and payable as contracted.
7. If, prior to the first day of school, a qualified replacement has been designated, at the sole discretion of TCA, for the departing student, and if the grade level is full, TCA shall refund 80 percent of the total tuition accrued to date for that student. TCA is not obligated to fill such vacated positions.
8. If, prior to the first day of the second trimester, a qualified replacement has been designated, at the sole discretion of TCA, for that departing student, and if the grade level is full, TCA shall refund 40 percent of the total tuition accrued. TCA does not normally admit students after the school year has begun, except when the Admission Committee finds a highly suitable applicant.
9. Under no circumstance shall any application fees, admission fees, technology fees or matriculation fees be refunded.
10. Under special circumstances and at the sole discretion of the Business Office, dining fees may be refundable on a pro rata basis for periods in which the services have not been delivered.
11. No portion of the tuition shall be refunded for a student who either is dismissed or withdraws for disciplinary reasons.
12. Each student’s account is independent. Tuition cannot be transferred from one student account to another.