1) All consents for testing will be completed electronically prior to the appointment to minimize exchange of materials between tester and parents. If your signed consent is not received 24 hours prior to testing, the appointment will automatically be cancelled.
2) Only one adult may accompany the child to the appointment and that adult should wear a face mask. Each tester will have her own waiting room procedures which will be communicated to you along with office location.
3) Please plan on arriving no more than five minutes before your appointment to avoid waiting room overlap with other individuals and families. No books, magazines, or toys will be available in the waiting areas.
4) The accompanying parent must wait either in the waiting room or in their car while testing is completed (please reference tester waiting room procedures).
5) You and your child will be asked to sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the office. Your child may also be asked to sanitize his/ her hands during the course of the evaluation if deemed necessary by the tester.
6) Your child will accompany the tester to the office where he/she will sit across from one another at a small table. A plexiglass divider with pass through will be on the table between child and tester throughout the administration of the exam.
7) The tester may or may not wear a clear face shield. The tester will NOT wear a mask during testing so that your child can see her facial expression and lip movements. Your child is not required to wear a mask but is welcome to do so if it would make you or your child feel more comfortable. Keep in mind, however, that it is sometimes difficult to understand children’s words while wearing a mask. Any difficulty with comprehension of your child’s communication will be noted in the report the school receives.
8) All materials, hardware, and furniture touched by applicants during the course of testing will be thoroughly sanitized between evaluation sessions.