MS Plan Details
iPad Device Pick-Up for All Fifth-Grade Students and New Students in Grades 6-8 - Friday, August 7
- Device pick-up will take place on Friday, August 7, from 8:30-11 a.m.
- Parents will drive through the MCB parking lot (in front of the flagpoles and Jesus statue) on Sojourn Drive.
- Please stay in your car, and your child's device will be given to you.
- Fifth-grade students will receive an iPad and a case.
- New students in grades 6-8 will receive an iPad. Parents are required to purchase a keyboard case for the device that complies with the attached iPad case policy.
- Log-in credentials will be inside the iPad bag. You will need these during the orientation meeting on Monday, August 10. Please do not use your iPad until the orientation meeting.
Week of August 10: School Supplies Pick-Up for At-Home Learning Students, Class Lists, Orientations
- iPad Orientation - Parents of all fifth-graders and new 6th-8th graders should watch their emails on Monday, August 10, at 9:30 a.m. for an email from Mrs. Jennifer Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) that will provide a link to the iPad orientation meeting. Parents will need to watch the beginning of the presentation with your child.
- School Supplies for At-Home Learning - School supplies pick-up will be arranged for families of students starting the year with the at-home learning accommodation. Parents will need to pick up all school supplies, textbooks, etc. at some point during this week (further details to come).
- Class Lists Posted - All class list information will be posted on the TCA website. Please note that MS class list information was to have been posted originally on Saturday, August 8, but it will not be available on that day.
New Student Orientation for All New-to-TCA Students in Grades 5-8 - Friday, August 14
- New Student Orientation will take place on Friday, August 14, from 8:30-9:30 a.m. in the MCB Auditorium.
- All new-to-TCA students in grades 5-8 should attend with a parent.
- Physical distancing will be practiced, and face coverings are required.
Wednesday, August 19 (time TBD) - First Day of School Online Orientation(s)
- All MS students, whether planning to start on campus or at home, will have online orientation sessions. Sessions will allow for an initial introduction of teachers, provide an overview of expectations and changes for both on-campus and at-home learning (particularly with regard to on-campus physical distancing, wearing of face coverings and hand hygiene).
Thursday, August 20 – First Day of School
- Students will begin school on campus or at home, according to their intent forms. On campus, all faculty, staff and MS students are required to wear face coverings; these may be face masks, face shields or face gaiters. All of these options comply with Governor Abbott’s Executive Order on face coverings.