US Plan Details
Freshmen and New Student Orientation and Surface Pro Tablet Pick-Up
- Surface Pro Devices. All TCA Upper School students receive a brand new Surface Pro Tablet.
- All freshmen and students in grades 10-12, who are new to TCA, will come by the school to receive their devices on Thursday, August 6th between 9-11 a.m.
- The back-up date is Friday, August 7th between 9-10 a.m.
- The pick-up location will be underneath the covered drive-through on the east side of the Upper School/PAC near the LS playground.
- Instruction sheets will be given out at that time.
- Freshmen and New Student Orientation. Orientation is scheduled to be held in-person on Friday, August 14 at 1-2 p.m. in the Upper School.
- At this time, we are planning this in-person session.
- Students will be given helpful information and will receive their class schedules and be able find their classrooms, cafeteria, library and other important places on campus.
- This is a required meeting for all freshmen and new Upper School students and one parent.
- Each student and their parent will be seated together but will be physically distanced from other students and parents.
- Face coverings will be required in the building.
- The session will be recorded.
August 20 and 21: First Two Days of School
- Group A will be on campus on our first day of school on Thursday, August 20.
- Group B will be participating from home on that first Thursday.
- Group B will be on campus on Friday, August 21.
- Group A will be participating from home on Friday, August 21.
- Attendance is required for all class sessions, whether in-person at school or at home.
- Failure to attend a class, even if you are at home, is considered skipping and will be dealt with accordingly.
- On that Thursday, Group A will have an US Orientation session. Some students will be in the PAC in-person, and some students will be in their classrooms watching the livestream version.
- Group B will not be required to attend the Orientation assembly on Thursday, and will be given a break at home.
- Group B will have a repeat of Thursday’s Orientation assembly on Friday.
- Group A will not be required to attend the Orientation assembly from home on Friday and will be given a break.
US Hybrid Groups: Based on Last Names
- Seniors: Group A = A-J Group B = K-Z
- Juniors: Group A = A-L Group B = M-Z
- Sophomores: Group A = A-L Group B = M-Z
- Freshmen: Group A = A-H Group B = I-Z
First Two Days of School Schedule
- We do not use our rotating schedule on the first two days of school.
- The rotating schedule begins on Monday, August 24. The first full week of school.
- Please pay close attention to the First Two Days Schedule posted on the US Re-Opening Plan page on the website.
Split Lunch Schedule
- Because we have two lunch periods every day, it is important for “at home” students to pay close attention to the Split Lunch Schedule.
- While “at home” students may eat lunch at their leisure, they need to make sure that they are not taking a lunch break, when they are supposed to be in class.
Carpool and Morning Entrance Screening
- Please pay close attention to our US carpool routes, especially for freshmen and sophomores.
- The freshmen have one entrance but two choices for drop off.
- Students who arrive after 8:00 a.m. on Monday-Thursday, will all enter through the main entrance on the north side of the Upper School.
- It is critical that all US students have the Titan HST app downloaded onto their phones, as well as all parents.
- Instructions to come.
- Parents will need to screen their children in the mornings before coming to school. It just takes a few seconds to answer the questions.
- When a parent completes the screening process, it will populate on their child’s phone and a green screen will emerge.
- US students simply need to hold up their green screens on their phones and they will be allowed into the building.
- Students who have a red screen will not be allowed into the building. Red means that symptoms are present.
- Students who have not been screened by their parents, will be detained at the door until the screening process is completed.
- The US process should be very easy and simple, if students are screened and their phones show their green screens.
- Due to physical distancing guidelines and carpool congestion, we will have a staggered dismissal of students in the Upper School.
- When students are dismissed, they will be expected to leave the building immediately to create less of a traffic jam in the hallways and in the carpool road.
- Dismissal Times:
- Seniors = 3:20 p.m.
- Juniors = 3:22 p.m.
- Sophomores = 3:24 p.m.
- Freshmen = 3:26 p.m.