At TCA volunteers are the lifeblood of our community, they connect the faculty and staff with the parent community and they assist the school in executing many wonderful events. There is such a wide variety of skills and talents in the parent community here at TCA and they use are used in volunteer positions here on campus every day.
No matter how big or small, every volunteer position is important. Whether you have a lot of time to give or just a little, there is a way to be involved in the TCA community.
Here are just some of the volunteer opportunities at TCA:
- Lower School parents drive on fieldtrips, bring cookies, assist with Grandparent Days, help in the classroom
- Middle School parents serve snow cones, assist with medieval fair, drive on field trips
- Upper School parents make homecoming mums, help with concessions, chair a Junior/Senior Banquet
- School wide parents serve at receptions, volunteer as Room Mothers, in the Big Blue school store, at Development fundraising dinner and raffle, the golf and tennis tournament, Admission events and the new parent reception
- Dads opportunities include class parties, field trips, dads club, Men’s bible study, drama set building and grilling at the football games.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to get to know the parents of your child’s class! Being with other moms and dads can give the encouragement and support that we need as parents. When you work alongside other parents you feel even more connected to the TCA community. Signing up is easy, we have a volunteer webpage and all of the signups are electronic.